27 April, 2 - 4 May 2017
Malta International Training Centre
Mr Cliff Pace
This course is an introduction into the financial, strategic and legal issues associated with the restructuring and acquisition of a company. Students will learn the legal aspects of an M&A transaction and the reasons companies decide to merge, restructure or spin-off a division. Participants will also learn about the various options available to distressed firms. The course will also cover various techniques, and practices used in buyouts and mergers and how deals are structured to create synergies and value for all parties. How to value a company will also be discussed along with various option companies shave to sweeten deals and to finance projects.
- Defensive merger, demerger, corporate splits and spin-offs
- Acquisitions of private firms
- Divestiture and equity carve outs
- The politics of friendly and unfriendly mergers
- The initial public offering (IPO) process
- Investment and merchant banking
- Private placement and public offerings
- Different methods of issuing securities
- Cross border and horizontal mergers
- Motivations for M&A and restructuring
- Mezzanine and SME financing
- Maltese bankruptcy processes
- Building the business plan & M&A implementation plan
- M&A cash flow valuations
Who should attend? This course requires attendees to have an understanding of basic financial and corporate finance concepts. The general public, students, compliance officers, directors, industry practitioners, lawyers and accountants are invited to attend.
CPE Credits: To be announced
Duration: 4 sessions / 10 hours
Cost: €185 (Students and seniors are eligible for a 50% discount)
Course no 313: Understanding M&A and Corporate Restructuring
Please ensure that the email address stipulated for each attendee is his or her own personal email address.
Group Discounts: A discount of 10% will be applied if you register 5 or more attendees, from the same company, at the same time, for this event.
Early-bird Discounts: A discount of 0% will be applied if you register till the .