Malta Stock Exchange
Mr Cliff Pace
Students will learn how trusts are legal relationship created by one party and places assets under the control of another party referred to as the trustee for the benefit of the beneficiary. Participants will learn the intricacies of trusts, and the legal and tax ramification of their setup. There will also be discussions related to how to properly craft trust deeds and articulate the powers of trustees. Also students will learn why trusts are formed such as for the protection of assets or estate planning and why trustee independence helps avoid any suggestion that the settlor continues to have control of the trust assets.
- Dr Priscilla Mifsud Parker
- The setting up of trusts Probate and charitable giving
- Wealth legacy planning
- Maltese trust tax treatment
- The trustee, settlor, protector, and beneficiary
- The trust deed
- Types of trusts
- Express trusts and implied trusts
- Constructive trusts
- The Maltese regulatory environment for trusts
- The minimisation of estate taxes
- Practical issues of trust creation
- Imposition of conditions on the distribution of assets following the settlor’s death
- Protection of assets from claims and creditors
- Drafting of trust deed
- Malta Trusts and Trustees Act
- The preservation of assets until minors reach the age of majority
Who should attend? This course requires attendees to have an understanding of basic financial concepts. The general public, students, compliance officers, directors, industry practitioners, lawyers and accountants are invited to attend.
CPE Credits: To be announced
Duration: 3 sessions / 7.5 hours Cost: €165 (Students and seniors eligible for a 50% discount)
Course no 311: Understanding Trusts
Please ensure that the email address stipulated for each attendee is his or her own personal email address.
Group Discounts: A discount of 10% will be applied if you register 5 or more attendees, from the same company, at the same time, for this event.
Early-bird Discounts: A discount of 0% will be applied if you register till the .