Malta International Training Centre
Mr. Cliff Pace
Open ended funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) have become a very popular, cost effective and efficient way for investor to build diversified portfolios. Funds are widely used by investors and include a wide variety of assets including bonds equities, real-estate and commodities. This course will focus primarily on the different types of funds available to investors ranging from Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), to open-ended and closed-ended funds. The course will contrast ETFs versus traditional funds, differentiate between active and passive management, explain the prospectus, expense ratios and other key points.
- Ms. Eileen Muscat
- Mr Cliff Pace
Why should delegates attend?
- What are funds and fund terminology
- The Sharpe Ratio and risk adjusted returns Comparing open-ended versus closed-ended funds
- What is an NAV and how it’s calculated
- Discounts, premiums, closed-ended funds and how they work
- Characteristics of fund investing
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Understanding total return, indices and tracking error
- What to look out for when purchasing funds
- Reading a prospectus and understanding expense ratios
- Active versus passive ETFs and smart beta
- Index, commodity and currency ETFs
- Understanding bond, equity and balanced funds
- Leveraged and inverse funds
- ETF and fund risks
- Managing a portfolio of ETF classes
Who should attend? This course requires attendees to have an understanding of basic financial concepts, and understand the characteristics of bonds and stocks. The general public, students, investors, industry practitioners, lawyers and accountants are invited to attend.
- Prerequisites: It is recommended participants would have completed course number 100.
- Level: Beginner
- Credits: 1 CPE
- Credits: To be announced
- Duration: 3 sessions / 7.5 hours
- Cost: €70 (Students and seniors are eligible for a 50% discount)
Course no 101: An Introduction to ETFs and Funds (in Maltese)
Please ensure that the email address stipulated for each attendee is his or her own personal email address.
Group Discounts: A discount of 10% will be applied if you register 5 or more attendees, from the same company, at the same time, for this event.
Early-bird Discounts: A discount of 0% will be applied if you register till the .